Skip to content
- Developmental Editing: You have a manuscript, but it needs help with big-picture problems of structure, tone, and organization.
- Line Editing: Your manuscript is organized all right, but you need help revising it line by line so that it reads well. Or perhaps English isn’t your first language, and you need help making your work sound more natural.
- Copyediting: Your manuscript is in pretty good shape, but you need help fixing any problems with style, grammar, spelling, clarity, and the like.
- Proofreading: Your manuscript has already been edited and typeset, and now you need help checking the page proofs for any remaining errors.
- Permissions Research: You have included quotations or artwork in your manuscript, and you need help making sure you have permission to reprint this material so that you don’t get sued for violating someone else’s copyright.
- Project Management: You need help shepherding your manuscript through the entire editorial process: finding and hiring editors, permissions researchers, designers, typesetters, proofreaders, indexers, and printers.